Why Choose Williams Eye Institute?
For more than 25 years, eye care services have been available to Northwest Indiana and Chicago Southland residents at our Hammond practice. We now have expanded our locations and services to offer an unmatched wealth of experience in cataract, glaucoma, and refractive surgery, along with the latest technology in medical and surgical eye care…all in a comfortable and caring atmosphere.
In 2013, Williams Eye Institute expanded our practice in several major ways:
- Purchasing an additional location in Merrillville for patients in South Lake County and surrounding counties.
- Offering the latest FDA-approved technology for custom cataract surgery – the LenSx® Femtosecond Laser.
- Expanding our services to include complex and traumatic cataract options, glaucoma surgery, and the refractive surgery including LASIK and PRK.
Most noted for offering cataract surgery with lens implantation, the surgeons at Williams Eye are revolutionizing the way cataract is now done in Northwest Indiana, and they are the first surgeons in our area to offer this type of advanced technology.
By utilizing the LenSx® , cataract surgery has now shifted from the standard manual technique to the advanced technology femtosecond laser which allows our surgeons to customize your procedure using your eye’s unique characteristics in order to optimize your post-operative vision.
The surgeons have access to their adjoining state-of-the-art surgical facilities staffed by highly skilled and trained teams of ophthalmic nurses and technicians. These facilities have been awarded the highest levels of accreditation from the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
Williams Eye Institute also offers a variety of other medical and surgical services:
- Refractive Surgery (e.g. LASIK, PRK)
- Glaucoma Treatment & Surgery
- Complex & Traumatic Cataract Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Eye Care
- Eye Infections & Injuries
- Routine Eye Exams
- Contact Lens Fittings
Both practices also house full-service optical shops that offer specialty and designer frames and contact lenses.
Williams Eye Institute complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or gender.